How Laughter can benefit Your Health ?
- Supplies oxygen
- Boosts the immune system
- releases endorphins (natural pain killer)
- exercises face muscles – reduces wrinkles
- Antidote to stress
- a complete well being gentle aerobic work out
- helps expell residual air form the lungs
- a general sense of overall well being
- 10 minutes of hearty laughter is equal to 30 minutes on the rowing machine is what Dr. William Fry found out in his research Stanford University
- A recent study showed that laughter therapy can control diabetes by lowering blood sugar levels thereby controlling it Dr. Lee Berk’s
- it feels good
- it is fun
- and many, many more……………..
Children laugh 300-400 times a day adults laugh 10-15 times a day.
When we breath in we take in 500 – 700 ml of air.
Most people have approximately 2500-2800 ml residual air left in their lungs which is mostly mostly stale (carbon dioxide)
Longer exhalation, which is part of the exercises is one of the secrets to good health.
Laughter sessions/Laughter Yoga sessions
In Laughter Yoga sessions we laugh for no reason.
A combination of yogic (belly) breathing and laughter and gentle stretching excercises usually leaves people feeling more energized and with a sense of general well being.
The exercises are playful and childlike and the simulatated laughter soon becomes real.
A usual session includes 30 minutes Laughter exercises and breathing and 15 minutes guided relaxation.
John Cleese on Laughter Yoga:
How did Laughther Yoga start?
Doctor Madan Kataria, a GP started Laughter Yogain 1995 in Mumbai, India when he was researching the benefits of Laughter.
He found that there are measurable improvements to physical, mental and emotional states.
Laughter Yoga has been featured in media around the world including on Oprah Winfrey
There is a lot of scientific evidence that Laughter benefits general health and has helped with recovery even from severe diseases.
To see how they use Laughter Yoga in Hospital for Cancer Patients [intlink id=”496″ type=”page”]click here [/intlink]to go this page on my site.
Leave a Comment!