Have you ever heard the term ‘Human Canary”?
The term ‘Human canary‘ was introduced to me when I read about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS).
Maybe you heard about canaries being used in the mines. If the canary died the miners would know to get out because the toxidity levels were getting to high.
There are ‘human canaries’ which are humans, especially those with CFS, which are very sensitive to toxins.
These toxins (Chemicals)could be:
- Mercury ( fish – pregnant mothers are advised to only eat fish once a week, because the mercury could affect the baby’s brain)
- Msg (monosodium glutamate – a flavour enhancer)
- Sodium laurel sulfate ( in most shampoos [even some of those which say natural on the label], toothpaste, washing powders and most things that bubble)
- Aspartame ( artificial sweeteners)
- Butyl……… (in cosmetics, hairsprays etc)
- Parabens ( in cosmetics)
- colouring (especially blue, my favorite color)
- the list goes on and on and on and on ( I recommend reading labels and researching ingredients if in doubt)
For me replacing any products above and other chemicals with any of the ones below has made a big difference to my well – being.
There are a lot of alternatives which are in some cases even cheaper than those which come in pretty colorful packaging.
Here is a list of some of the things I use:
Baking Soda. I find that half the amount of what washing powders recommend works
Vinegar (you could add about 3 drops of Essential Oil if you want the scented smell)
1/3 lemon juice + 2/3water and if you want it to last longer make it 1/3 lemon juice + 1/3 water + 1/3 colloidial silver
this can also be used to:
spray the area which the ants run around on and in a short while they will be gone, may have to repeat after a couple of hours.
Sweet Potatoes (Kumeras) can help eliminate toxins from the body among plenty of other things like vitamins.